The LA240 Home Hearing Loop System provides a practical solution for hearing aid users to listen more easily to their TV or Audio equipment via the “T” or “Loop” program of their hearing aid.
With no direct connection between the user and a TV or Audio equipment the user is able to move freely within the looped area and listen comfortably to a TV or audio equipment without the distractions of normal listening.
The Loop system picks up the sound from a TV via a direct connection or microphone and feeds it to the amplifier. The sound is then passed to a loop of wire around the listening area, which in turn transmits the sound inductively, “magnetic sound waves”, to a hearing aid with the loop facility.
The user may then adjust the loop volume or tone to suit their own hearing preference without affecting others.
Please Note: The LA240 Home Hearing Loop System is supplied with Loop Cable. If a Loop Pad is required, please see the LA240 Home Hearing Loop Pad System (135-255).
Loop cable is placed around a room that you want to listen in. The sound can be heard anywhere inside the “looped” area and sometimes just outside the loop as well.
- LA240 amplifier
- Power supply & Mains Lead
- Digital Audio Optical TOSlink
- 40 metres loop cable and cable clips
- 1 Direct Connection lead kit
- Optical and Coaxial digital audio input
- Remote Control
- Separate Mains power supply allowing use by DC inputs from 12-24V, one version covers all markets
- Memory of control settings allowing remote power switching
- Digital Rotary Volume and Tone controls with LED indication
- Source selection of all inputs from front panel, mixing of inputs is possible.
- Increased output current 3A RMS and 40m Loop cable coverage up to 70m2
- Loop Level Indicator
- Priority Function Control
- Automatic Gain Control
- On/Off Mains Switch
- Blue LED Function Indicators
- Red LED Level Indicator
- 2 Microphone Inputs
- 3 Line inputs
- 18V 1.5A Power Supply
- 12-24V DC 2A External Supply
- Rotary Volume Control
- Rotary Tone control
- On/Off power switch
- Source selector switches
- Priority switch
- Digital Audio TOSlink/Coaxial
- 2 x Microphone inputs. 3.5mm mono jack plug. DC powered 5V for electret microphones
- 2x Aux In Left/Right line inputs. Phono/RCA sockets. For direct connection to a TV sound output or other audio sources via SCART or other suitable sockets.
- Push grip connectors for loop cable or loop pad (Labelled: Loop Cable). Loop will give full output with loop resistance between 0.5 and 1.5 Ohms.
- 3.5mm stereo jack for headphones (Phones) 8-60 Ohms
- 3.0A output current @ 100-5KHz. Meets BS EN60118-4:2006 for a loop not exceeding 6.5m (20ft) in width. Suitable for areas up to 70m2
- Single turn loop cable. The system supplied with 40m (130ft) 24/0.2mm (0.75mm2) single core PVC insulated cable. Min cable length 11m = 0.5 Ohms
- Red & Blue LED’s